Thursday, March 30, 2006

Total Eclipse of the Sun....


Wasn't there a song with that title? Oh, the 80's.
Today was a good day...I had to take Sean to have his TB skin test checked...it was fine...and then we went to pick up his packet to register for Kindergarten.
I felt sad all afternoon thinking about him leaving me to enter the world. And then, he came home from playing at his friend's house and behaved badly - demanding food and drink, etc. Suddenly I felt a little giddy at the prospect of school starting in September.... Funny how that happens. Well, maybe it doesn't happen to anyone else. All I know is that I read a quote long ago by Kahlil Gibran - he said, "Let there be spaces in your togetherness"...it is good to have some space now and then.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad my children are not the only ones who demand. grrrrrr...

Abhishek Almeida said...

Hey der kimberly............feel bad 4 u. Well children always knw how to demand.........wat can ya do abt it.

Unknown said...

love them!

Jessica said...

LOVE that quote!