Thursday, February 26, 2009

"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
--David A. Bednar

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh he read my heart !! How do you do that, find just what I need to hear every time !! Does it have anything to do with a moon dance !! ?? hahaha Thank You for the uplifting words ! Love Ya R

Unknown said...

speaking of the moon...did you see the moon tonight? a perfect crescent. so pretty. Elder Bednar's talk on The Tender Mercies of the Lord was just one of my favorites. Glad you like the quote...but it was all Elder Bednar. Believe me! I needed to hear it too.

Caleen said...

I loved that quote. How have you been? Hope all is well.. I have been kinda sick.. Miss you :)

Melissa said...

That is one of my favorite talks too! It always brings peace and reassurance to me. Glad you came to the Blue and Gold Dinner tonight. I hope you had a good time.

Grandmotherfairy said...

I loved that quote...hope that you are doing well...haven't heard from you for a while!