Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and understands that this process of climbing higher takes preparation, time, and commitment. He understands that we will make mistakes at times, that we will stumble, that we will become discouraged and perhaps even wish to give up and say to ourselves it is not worth the struggle. We know it is worth the effort, for the prize, which is eternal life, is “the greatest of all the gifts of God.” And to qualify, we must take one step after another and keep going to gain the spiritual heights we aspire to reach."
--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

6 comments:

Observer Of Life said...

This is such a lovely quote.
You find the best quotes!!
Love you.
xxx

Melissa said...

What a great quote. The ladder just seems really tall - good thing we have all life to climb it.

p.s. thanks for all the comments on my blog!

Unknown said...

I can't count the days I have wanted to just stop climbing .... but thanks to my friends and family I have been able to keep putting one foot in front of the other !!! thanks for the wonderful quote and inspiration !!!

Scrapally said...

Baby steps....thanks for reminding us! :) Tell me when we can come visit...

Caleen said...

Oh.. I love this picture.. How sweet.. I also love the inspiring quote. you do have great quotes..
We must NEVER GIVE UP!

Grandmotherfairy said...

You should have been in my lesson on Sunday...I could have used that quote!!! It is beautiful!