Thursday, December 25, 2008

I want to make this my new motto for 2009! Thanks Mom for sending me this good quote!

"To live content with small means, to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich, to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never, in a word to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common, this is to be my symphony."

~ William Henry Channing

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to steal that quote and make it my New Years resolution !!! I am going to memorize it. Thank You for always being an inspiration to me and for understanding this old heart of mine. Love you eternally R

Scrapally said...

That is beautiful...thank you for sharing it! I will have to steal it too. :) Merry Christmas!

Grandmotherfairy said...

Thank you for the inspiration...Hope that you are having a wonderful Christmas.....