Monday, August 09, 2010

Favorite things...

Those of you that know me well, know that I especially love a few things in life: After God, Family and Friends comes chocolate, ribbon, sea shells, lace, roses, beads and purses - old and new.  Robin was sweet enough to gift me the vintage golden handbag - THANK YOU ROBIN! - and Caleen is amazing at whipping up fabric flowers, so she gave me some suggestions -THANK YOU CALEEN!  Today I finally got creative again.  I feel like my creative side has been sleeping the summer away - - like it's in a coma or something!!!......I had a great day today making "roses" from scrim.  Another one of my favorite things - scrim.  It's gauzy and flowy and a perfect shade of ivory.  Anyway...thank you friends for helping me to get in the mood to make something.  I think I will use this purse too!  It won't fit much more than keys, a driver's license and my cell phone, but what more could i need?  The chocolate won't fit, but that'll be melting in my mouth!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the purse, it is so beautiful !! You made something plain into a treasure !! I'm glad your inner muse is back !! Love Ya R

Caleen said...

oh Kim.. It turned out beautiful. So lovely and just the right touch to the vintage purse. I bet you could fit a whole bar of chocolate in that purse.. :) So glad you are creating... You just have a special touch.. I love scrim too..

Lady Linda said...

What a gorgeous purse! Love it and you!!!!

Grandmotherfairy said...

I love to see the beauty that you create...beautiful! Can Robin and Caleen pay me a visit?

kelly said...

That is beautiful. I'm glad I'm not the only one whos creative side has been sleeping! I hope when the kids get back in school and I get the house more livable something will happen and I'll start creating again. Nice job on the purse.