Sunday, January 01, 2006

The words I desire to live by through the coming year...

'To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.

- William Henry Channing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

And just who is William Henry Channing... and why can't I think as deep as he does? Oooh ... I feel jealosy creeping in already and it is only January 1st! I will try again tommorrow... tommorrow is another day...
Scarlet AKA
M

Unknown said...

I haven't a clue who the man is that wrote that quote. I just read it on an email that came through to me. It's almost even painful to read it because i most DEFINATELY don't think as deeply as he does and my brain starts feeling a little 'stressed' (heehee)
....HOWEVER...you do think deeply Scarlet. I've always admired that ability of yours. How was your Christmas...tell me more.

Hobo said...

I would just like to say that i read that quote and thought of you- the Kim Hansen I know already.